Check out what I made today, two coasters and a little basket for them to sit in. It was really easy, but a little messy, this is one you will want to do with something under it so if the hot glue drips your table wont get messed up.
What you need
A 2 Liter soda bottle
hot glue gun
hot glue sticks
something to work over (like paper)
for the coasters
card board circles (how ever many you want to make)
To make the basket
1. Cut the bottom of the 2 liter off. You can make it as tall as you want based on how short you cut the cottom mine is about 3 inches tall.
2. Starting at the top slowly begin gluing the yarn around the plastic bottle bottom.
3. Work your way down the base. When you get to the bottom you will loop it around so it is circular.
4. Cut off the end and glue it down
5. At this point your basket will look like this. You can leave it alone, or you can fill in gaps.
6. If you choose to fill in, just cut peices of yarn and fill in the gaps you want to fill in.
To make the coasters
1. Cut out circles out of cardboard, you want to make sure they are small enough that they can fit into the basket.
2. starting from the inside begin gluing the yarn in circles, around, and around until you reach the outer edge. Cut the yarn and glue it down.
3. Flip it over and repeat on the other side.
4. If you want you can do like I did and glue yarn around the outer edge.
5. Let dry and you are done, just clean up the strings of hot glue if you have any.
Tada cheap, easy, and perfect for your living room!