Ok I am going to do the best I can to explain this one, cause I kinda made it up as I went, but it came out so cute I had to share. This adorable decoration is rather easy to make and everything I used I either got at the dollar store or is something I recycled. It may look like alot of stuff but look around your house for items you can use I ended up only spending $2 (on the straw for broom and the black cloth) everything else was stuff I recycled.
What you need
- Stocking of some sort (I used a pair I got for a $1 a while back that I ripped)
- a fake broom (or make your own with the straw brush stuff they sell at the dollar store and some fabric like I did)
- a pot (I used one that was from a plant we got from lows you could also use a cauldron)
- black cloth (right now you can get cool net like black cloth in the halloween section at most dollar stores)
- card board
- Hot glue gun and hot glue
- If you are making your broom do so by taking the straw and slowly wrapping strips of fabric around one end hot gluing them into place. If you are just buying a little straw broom skip this step.
- Stuff your stockings full of newspaper, how stuffed and how long they are is up to you.
- Tie off your stockings where you what the length to end make sure to make them a little longer than the length you want showing.
- crumple up more newspaper and fill your pot until it is filled enough that your legs sit in it with the amount you want showing showing.
- Hot glue the broom between the legs (this helps support the legs)
- hot glue the legs and broom to one side of the pot
- put more crumpled news paper around the legs to fill in the gap
- drape the black cloth over the newspaper and around the legs this gives a dirt or skirt affect
- using the cardboard, crayons, and scissors make an RIP sign
- Glue it to the legs and move the fabric around it so it all fits in nicely
- fluff your broom a little and enjoy!