My friend Katie made the coolest thing for her house, and she gave me permission to share it with you! It is a home made ball pit, and its fairly easy to make it just takes time.
What you need
- PVC Pipe (1 inch diameter)
- PVC pipe connectors (you will need 8 of the elbow ones that connect 3 pipes, and 4 T shaped ones)
- super glue
- Plastic spray paint
- Foam mats (optional)
1. Decide how big you want your pit, cut your PVC pipe (they will cut it for free at Lowes or Home Depot)
What you need size wise
- 4 pieces cut to the width you want
- 8 pieces half the length you want (so if you want 4 feet long you want to get them 2 feet long)
- 6 cut to the height you want
2. Paint the PVC pipes and the connectors with spray paint and let it dry for at least 24 hours.
3. begin gluing the pieces together, Katie made one length side without a support bar, and it sags a little so you should do both lengths with a support bar. Your frame should look like the picture below but with a support in the back length side, like the front one in this picture.
4. Now begin attaching the netting to the frame, wrap the netting from top to bottom around the frame and then sew it so it stays in place. Repeat until all sides are covered, sewing it so no balls can escape.
5. Place mats inside if you choose to, so its soft under the balls, and fill with balls