This simple and fund craft is great for kids, and really cheap. I suggest using the vases for fake flowers unless you coat with a water proof sealer. I made these with my sister and she made one with an ice cream bowl and one with a vase. Both purchased from the dollar store. Shes gonna use the ice cream cup for small jewelry, and the vase for fake flowers or dried flowers.
What you need
- A cardboard box or a ton of news paper (to flip the vase on this will get covered in paint)
- a vase, or bowl
- paint (we used kids paint)
1. set up somewhere where the vase can sit for a long time.
2. Take your vase and pout paint into it, we used about an inch of paint in the vase, you will want enough that it will cover the vase. We used one could but have fun with it use what ever colors you want.
3. One you have paint in your vase slowly and carefully flip it over moving it around to get the paint to start going down the sides. It is important to do it slowly or else all the paint will just gloop out. Put it onto the cardboard so the paint can begin to drain and coat the vase
4. let the vase sit upside down till it is coated
5. flip the vase right side up and let it dry
6. once thoroughly dry use it as you please, or put a clear sealant coat on if you want to use water following the same directions as above.