So if you read my ReUse Reduce Recycle Candle Jar post yesterday, you saw about half of the Taco Bell sauce we have, honestly we dont eat at Taco Bell often, and when we do we usually each get a soft taco and thats it, but for some reason they think three soft tacos need like 10 packs of sauce each.. Ok Im exaggerating a little but they do give us a ton of sauce each time. So its built up and last night after doing the post on the jars and realizing I had so much sauce it wouldnt fit in the jar I decided it was time to use some. So this is my off the top of my head recipe. Warning it has a kick, mostly cause I used the Ranch Style Beans with zesty red pepper.
- Taco Bell Verde Sauce (Green Packs)
- Taco Bell Mild Sauce (orange sauce or kick it up with red sauce)
- Chicken (we used 1 leg per person diced so about 1 leg worth per person you are serving)
- Ranch Style Beans (kick it up with Zesty Red Pepper ones)
- The night before stick frozen chicken into a container with a lid and using equal parts Verde and Mild sauce coat the chicken, flip over and coat the other side.
- Close container and put into fridge to marinate over night
- When you are ready to cook, pull chicken out and cut into cubes
- in one frying pan mix beans, corn (we used one cob worth if your using canned mix in one can drained of juices), and a few packs of verde and mild sauce
- put the bean corn mix on medium heat and let simmer
- in another frying pan cook the chicken along with the sauce that it was marinating in until cooked thurougly
- mix the chicken in with the bean corn mix
- let simmer for 3 minutes mixing occasionally to keep it from sticking.
- serve, this would be good with rice, or on a tortilla, or just in a bowl for a quick meal.