So many of you saw the huge Zucchinis I was given if you didnt they are bigger than a 2liter of soda! Anyway I decided to start off my zucchini adventure with my favorite zucchini bread with a twist.. blue berries! I got blue berries at the flea market this weekend, and was excited to use them, you could use other berries too Im sure, but I suggest blueberries!
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 and 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon powdered cinnamon
- 1 pint of blueberries
1. Preheat the oven 350 degrees, and lightly grease 3 bread pans, or if you dont have bread pans muffin pans, you could also do what I did, two bread pans, and 12 muffins.
2. In a large bowl beat the eggs, and then mix in the vanilla extract, sugar, and vegetable oil.
3. shred the zucchini and fold it into the bowl of egg mix.
4. beat in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
5. Once it is mixed well, carefully fold in the blueberries
6. Pour the mix into the bread pans, or muffin tins.
7. Bake in the oven 50 minutes for the bread, or 30 minutes for the muffins, if you stick a fork in the middle of the bread it will come out clean when it is done.
8. Remove from oven and let cool.
Serve with butter or eat it plain either way its yummy!